This the episode where Canada qualified for the 2022 World Cup. We gush, we hope, we wish, we reminisce, we laugh, we thaw, but most importantly, we QUALIFIED FOR QATAR 2022!!! In this episode, Tony and Mark collectively don’t know the difference between Bari, Perugia and Padova, Kristin offers up a weirdly hilarious term and Duncan was the hero we all needed on Sunday.
- Segment 1: CanMNT (3m32s)
- Segment 2: More CanMNT(43m16s)
- Segment 3: And yet still more CanMNT (1h17m55s)
Support type things
- Support our Patreon. If you’d like to throw some change in the tip jar, please do so. Thank you to those for your ears and support, it’s immensely appreciated.
- 5-stars on iTunes and leave some feedback. It would help immensely.
- VMP Shop @ Zazzle for all your insane nerdy football shirt needs
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
March 31, 2022
I remember the old days. Whenever the discussion of the men’s national soccer team came up, someone was quick to change the topic.
Talk went in weird and off topic tagents, nostalgic Canadian tv shows, retro music, obscure action movies.
Let me try…
Remember that episode of The Littlest Hobo? He scurried about the Toronto Airport and stold those plane tickets to Quatar and gave them to Canadian soccer supporters. That lovable scamp, dont look at me with those puppy dog eyes.
I maintain 2 Unlimited is an underrated band from the 90’s. Clearly their hit, Jump for Joy was for Canadian Soccer Supporters.
Remember that movie with Cynthia Rothrock when she brought to justice the nefarious crime syndicate that had all those world cup tickets and gave them to Canadian Soccer Supporters. That kick to the henchman’s head was World Cup level.
April 7, 2022
Mr. Head of the fish, this response was like READING our podcast and I’m both flattered and uncomfortably pigeon-holed.
Impressed and traumatized.