Toronto FC vs San Jose Earthquakes: Can TFC Escape Being Shaken?
It is an odd thing to be looking ahead to a game with some positivity; but even given the large number of injured TFC players and a decent San Jose Earthquakes team coming to town there’s not the usual sense of foreboding….Wait, what’s that? Hold on!
Due to what I can only presume was a localised earthquake my carefully researched, analytic, heavily detailed and exhaustive match preview has fallen into a crack and refuses to be retrieved. So this is what you need to know:
1. Contain Wondo – 7 goals this season, 4 in his last 5 games, 100 all-time. Watch him.
2. Steven ‘Greatest American Hero’ Lenhart is not playing. Rejoice.
3. Get Seba the ball – he’s either going to score or get the ball to someone that will.
4. Warren C. this is your chance to erase all those times you were forced to play RB. Time to try to fill Warner’s shoes as holding winger.
5. It’s going to rain – bring rain gear – or at least something to protect your phone.
6. If you don’t like to get rained on watch the game on TSN4 at 5pm ET.
7. Watch Morrow, Harden and Wynne – the ex-player passion should be on display.
8. Watch Cheyrou – because it’s really fun to see what he’s going to do next. Really, you should watch him.
9. Look for Luke Moore – less invisible against Portland, cross your fingers he’ll make the most of this opportunity.
10. San Jose let in most of their goals on the road – See No. 3
11. Michael Bradley will need to resist drifting back to keep the pressure on.
12. Get ready to cheer for DeRo – he’s having an official retirement at 3pm today in a press conference with Bez.
OK, that’s it – go enjoy the FA Cup if you’re of a mind and we’ll see you this afternoon for some patented TFC in the rain.