THE STARTING 11: Reasons The Starting 11 is being continued here
Hello, I’m Tony Walsh. You may know me from such long-running gags as “Collin Samuel sure is a fatty!”; RVS HSCNVCS; and Jürgen Klinsmann’s kitty-kat friend Karl-Heinz. Yes, for years on the TFC blog The Yorkies, I was responsible for getting your Toronto FC week started in eleven easy steps with The Starting 11. Now, as part of my high-priced transfer deal to The Vocal Minority, The Starting 11 has found its new home right here. It wasn’t an easy decision to bring this long-running bit along with me but some reasons are just too hard to ignore…
- It’s a realistic shot at making the BMO Field Wall of Honour
- It was this or “The Starting 10 feat. Drake”
- How would the world keep track of whether or not Collin Samuel is STILL a fatty?!
- The next fifteen MLS expansion clubs need fake names!
- Orlando is a pun-crafters dream
- My chance to help Columbus mascot Crew Cat spread the important message of Feline STD prevention
- I have a bunch of leftover vowels after an all-night Scrabble marathon at Raivis Hscanovics’ place
- I’ve got some comedy gold lined up for Greg Vanney’s July sacking
- It really is one of the few places a grown-assed man can write the word “Bitchy” and get away with it
- The International Chip Butty lobby is VERY persuasive
- Because even if three out of these eleven work – I’m already out-performing TFC