The Starting 11: Ways To Improve The Voyageurs Cup Right Away
The Voyageurs Cup, The Canadian Club Championship, The Tournament Formerly Known as Nutcan; whatever you call this tournament it is Canada’s premier club competition. However, despite the Cup’s prize – a trip to the CONCACAF Champions League and an autographed Edmonton Brickmen jersey – it is a tournament that still has issues. The Cup faces a substantial amount of unfair mainstream media maligning but worse, some fan apathy in the stadiums of the three MLS-based entrants. While the competition looks at a revamp that involves more clubs nationally, there are ways to increase its popularity immediately with a few easy changes…
11. A hilarious escapee capybara mascot!
10. Give the actual trophy a popular “Roll Up The Rim To Win” feature
9. The winners get Prince Edward Island
8. Go to three downs
7. Belizean broadcast crews only
6. Make it poutine flavoured!
5. Final held on an iceberg
4. Losers have to adopt the Argos
3. Every club must field a bear in their starting XI
2. Rebrand it as “The 2016 Molson Canadian Lawn Hockey Finals”
1. Shirts vs. Pants